Board of Directors - October 26, 2015 Meeting
The OpenStack Foundation Board of Directors will meet at 9:00am - 2pm Tokyo Japan on October 26, 2015. This is a Face To Face Board meeting. A joint meeting with the TC and UC will be held in the same from from 2:30pm to 4:30pm.
Attendees are invited to observe the open sessions. Location: Ohka room on Level 2 of the Grand Prince Hotel Takanwa Building (map link). Directions from the airports to the Summit are available here: https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/tokyo-and-travel/#hotels
Webex is provided for those members of the community whom wish to listen to the proceedings and for the Directors unable to attend in person. Attendees are muted by default to minimize stray noise during the meeting. To join the meeting
- Go to https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/k2/j.php?MTID=tf740222650876ff94a45173c8166acdd.
- Session number: 928 662 153
- Enter your name and email address (or registration ID).
- Enter the session password: This session does not require a password.
- Click "Join Now".
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Board Meeting Agenda
- * Chair: Alan Clark
- * Minutes: Mark Radcliffe
- * Timekeeper:
(9:00) Call To Order, Open Session
- Roll Call
- Approve minutes from July 28, 2015 board meeting
- (9:20) Executive Director Update - Jonathan Bryce
(10:00) Committee Actions and Updates
- (10:00) User Committee - Achievements and focus areas for the future - Subbu, Jon, Tim
- (10:20) Legal: Individual Contribution License Strategy - Eileen, Mark, Nissa
- (10:35) Break
- (10:45) DefCore - Rob Hirschfeld & Egle Sigler Co-Chairs
- (11:15) Gold Membership Proposals - Membership Committee - Simon
- (11:15) InwinSTACK 20 min presentation
(11:45) Executive Session
- Board Working Lunch
- We invite the meeting observers to go downstairs to eat at one of the many hotel restaurants.
- (13:00) Return from Executive Session to Open Session
(13:00) Board Business
(13:15) Strategic Discussions
- Product Work Group - Shamail, Carol
Joint TC/UC/Board meeting (14:30 - 16:30pm)
- An update from the Diversity Work Group - Egle, Carol,
- CLA/DCO update - Eileen, Nisa
- Expanding the OpenStack mission statement
- Some within the TC (who also happen to be board members) would like to consider the possibility to expand the OpenStack mission statement, in particular to mention users. This statement is pretty central to what we do, and I feel that the board should be involved in that process if we are to carry that forward.
- Ask the board if they have anything they want from the TC
- We could frame that as an open discussion at the end of the session. What each group still needs from the other. That would be the occasion to come back on the past and future improvements in DefCore/TC coordination (I think we are in a way better shape right now than we ever were, thanks to Chris Hoge and a few others bridging the gap), but also detect remaining pain points that we might want to address.
- Big Tent
- A read out from the TC of what is working and challenges that have emerged
- "Lunch with the Board” that’s open to all attendees will be on Tuesday, 12:45-2:00pm. :
- Location: Covered patio of the Marketplace Expo Hall - Bldg. #1 [New Takanawa], Level B1F, Marketplace Patio D (near the pool; weather permitting).
- The Gold Member Mtg lunch will be on Wednesday October 28, 12:45-2:00pm.
- Location: Marmolada Restaurant ( Lunch will be served ) map link)
- High Five Standing Appointment, Thursday October 29, 4:10- 4:30 pm
- Location: Garnet room on Level 1 in the New Takanawa (#2 Pink building on maps).