Joint Leadership Meeting (BOARD / TC / UC)
We look forward to gathering everyone in Denver this September for the PTG and joint Board / TC / UC meeting. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend the following. The meetings will be held from 9:00am to 5:00pm Denver Colorado time on September 10, 2017. Directors, TC and UC Chairs may participate in person or via conference dial-in. Audio from the meeting will also be available to the community. Because of room limitations community members may not attend in person.
- Sunday, Sept 10, 9:00am-5:00pm
- JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek - Bluebell Ballroom
- 150 Clayton Lane
To join the session
- Go to https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/k2/j.php?MTID=t84e01c894bb956fb69283e941a1de68a
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password: This session does not require a password.
- Click "Join Now".
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Leadership Meeting Agenda
- Chair: Alan Clark, Vice Chair: Lew Tucker
- Chair: Thierry Carrez
- Chair: Edgar Magana
- Executive Director: Jonathan Bryce
(9:00) Call To Order, Open Session
(9:15) Welcome and introductions of new members
- OpenStack Board
|2017 OpenStack Board Member Directors|
|Platinum Member Directors||Gold Member Directors||Individual Member Directors|
|Alan Clark||Boris Renski||Allison Randal|
|Anni Lai||Jessica Field||ChangBo Guo|
|Brad Topol||Johan Christenson||Egle Sigler|
|Brian Stein||Joseph Wang||Kavit Munshi|
|Christopher Price||Junwei Liu||Russell Bryant|
|Imad Sousou||Kenji Kaneshige||Shane Wang|
|Kandan Kathirvel||Lew Tucker||Steven Dake|
|Mark McLoughlin||Robert Esker||Tim Bell|
- Technical Committee Members
|OpenStack Technical Committee Members|
|Chris Dent||Emilien Macchi||John Garbutt||Sean McGinnis|
|Davanum Srinivas||Flavio Percoco||Monty Taylor||Steve Martinelli|
|Dean Troyer||Jeremy Stanley||Sean Dague||Thierry Carrez|
- User Committee Members
|OpenStack User Committee Members|
|Matt Van Winkle|
(xx:00) Executive Director
- Events update from Jonathan
(xx:00) Board Actions
- Interoperability WG - Egle, Mark V., Chris H.
- Interop update and request approval of the new guidelines.
- <Link to Guidelines to be posted here>
(xx:00) The Strategic Focus Areas
- (xx:00) Better communicate about OpenStack - Lauren, Thierry
- Categorize and map OpenStack components in a unified way to clarify our messaging
- (xx:30) Community Health - Steven
- Grow next generation of leadership/experts/cross-project devs within the community
- (xx:00) Requirements: Close the feedback loop - Melvin, Thierry
- Breaking down the last barriers between ops and dev communities
- (xx:30) Increase complementarity with adjacent technologies - Chris P., Dims
- Make our technology more consumable (independently) by other communities/projects.
- (xx:00) Technology changes: Simplify OpenStack - Mike
- Remove useless configuration options, cut unused features, cull project teams that are not going anywhere
- (xx:30) A look back at the 5 areas - Chris D.
- 6 months passed, are we missing anything ?
(xx:00) Clarifying and communicating where help is needed
- Top 5 help wanted list
- Current items on the list - Thierry
- Potential additions - Chris D.
- How to effectively fill those
(16:30) Meeting Close
BOARD / TC / UC HAPPY HOUR / DINNER
Sunday, Sept 10, 5:00pm-8:00pm TBC Location, walkable to JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/boardstafftcuc-dinner-denver-2017-tickets-37016429136
Monday - Friday, Sept 11-15 Renaissance Denver Stapleton 3801 Quebec Street https://www.openstack.org/ptg
The JW Marriott Cherry Creek, the location for the Sunday, September 10 Board / TC / UC meeting and dinner, is about a 20 minute drive (see map below) from the Renaissance Denver Stapleton, the PTG venue. As many people will likely be staying in or around the PTG venue, we recommend you take a ride share car between venues. PTG badges will be available for all attending Board / TC / UC members to pick-up on Sunday at the JW Marriott Cherry Creek during the joint meeting.
If you plan to attend the PTG, please register in advance. As a reminder, below is the link to book a hotel room within the Foundation's discounted block at the Renaissance Denver Stapleton. The room block quantity is very limited this time and will likely sell out early.
- PTG registration
- Hotel Room Block at PTG
- Map showing route between PTG and Board Meeting venues