Joint Leadership Meeting
We look forward to gathering everyone in Denver this September for the PTG and joint Board / TC / UC meeting. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend the following. The meetings will be held from 9:00am to 5:00pm Denver Colorado time on September 10, 2017. Directors, TC and UC Chairs may participate in person or via conference dial-in. Audio from the meeting will also be available to the community. Because of room limitations community members may not attend in person.
BOARD / TC / UC MEETING
- Sunday, Sept 10, 9:00am-5:00pm
- JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek - Bluebell Ballroom
- 150 Clayton Lane
To join the session
- Go to https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/k2/j.php?MTID=t84e01c894bb956fb69283e941a1de68a
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password: This session does not require a password.
- Click "Join Now".
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
(9:00) Call To Order, Open Session
The agenda is still under development. Please send proposed agenda items to the Board, TC or UC chair.
(xx:00) Board Actions
- Interoperability WG - Egle, Mark V., Chris H.
- Interop update and request approval of the new guidelines.
- <Link to Guidelines to be posted here>
(xx:00) The Strategic Focus Areas
- (xx:00) Communicate about OpenStack -Lauren,Thierry
- Categorize (objective data) and map (subjective approach) OpenStack projects as base versus optional (within a specific use case), integrated versus independent release, emerging versus mature, stability, adoption metrics, what works together, services versus consumption (operational tools/client libraries), and other criteria
- (xx:30)Community Health: - Steven
- Grow next generation of leadership/experts/cross-project devs within the community
(16:30) Meeting Close
BOARD / TC / UC HAPPY HOUR / DINNER
Sunday, Sept 10, 5:00pm-8:00pm TBC Location, walkable to JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek RSVP coming soon
Monday - Friday, Sept 11-15 Renaissance Denver Stapleton 3801 Quebec Street https://www.openstack.org/ptg
The JW Marriott Cherry Creek, the location for the Sunday, September 10 Board / TC / UC meeting and dinner, is about a 20 minute drive (see map below) from the Renaissance Denver Stapleton, the PTG venue. As many people will likely be staying in or around the PTG venue, we recommend you take a ride share car between venues. PTG badges will be available for all attending Board / TC / UC members to pick-up on Sunday at the JW Marriott Cherry Creek during the joint meeting.
If you plan to attend the PTG, please register in advance. As a reminder, below is the link to book a hotel room within the Foundation's discounted block at the Renaissance Denver Stapleton. The room block quantity is very limited this time and will likely sell out early.
- PTG registration
- Hotel Room Block at PTG
- Map showing route between PTG and Board Meeting venues