As of September 2012, the OpenStack project is governed by a number of bodies, defined by the OpenStack Foundation bylaws:
The OpenStack community relies on people stepping up to fill a number of leadership positions:
- Project Team Leads (PTLs) are elected for each project team. They manage day-to-day operations, drive the project team goals and resolve technical disputes within their project team.
- Cross Project Liaisons (CPLs) are the contact points for various horizontal functions in each project team.
- New project team inclusion process
We are holding elections regularly to renew a number of members present in these bodies. The next elections are due in January 2015 (Board of Directors) and April 2015 (PTLs & Technical Committee).
- PTLs September 2015: PTL_Elections_September_2015
- TCs September/October 2015: TC_Elections_September/October_2015
- PTLs April 2015: PTL_Elections_April_2015
- TC April 2015: TC_Elections_April_2015
- TC October 2014: TC_Elections_October_2014
- PTLs September/October 2014: PTL_Elections_September/October_2014
- TC April 2014: TC_Elections_April_2014
- PTLs March/April 2014: PTL_Elections_March/April_2014
- TC September/October 2013: TC_Elections_Fall_2013
- PTLs September/October 2013: PTL_Elections_Fall_2013
- PTLs & TC, Spring 2013: PTL_Elections_Spring_2013, TC_Elections_Spring_2013
- PTLs & TC, Fall 2012: Governance/TCElectionsFall2012
Project Policy Board (predates the Technical Committe):
- Spring 2012 Governance/ElectionsSpring2012 results: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_149094a7291d1baf
- Fall 2011 results: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_ede443ca3b93b736
How to Officiate an Election: