Revision as of 21:51, 1 September 2016 by Bh526r (Created page with "== General Task List of Gluon == Here is the list of general tasks: * For Demo: ** Setup system with base linux bridge networking ** Use separate SDN-C for each host to sup...")
General Task List of Gluon
Here is the list of general tasks:
- For Demo:
- Setup system with base linux bridge networking
- Use separate SDN-C for each host to support gluon networking
- Investigate using subclass of Neutron Core plugin to direct bind/unbind operations to Gluon/Proton
- Create repos based on new architecture
- For now, we need to consolidate everything back int one repo
- Need to update devstack code to install Gluon
- Install etcd.
- Setup database
- Create Fuel plugin to install Gluon
- The requirements.txt files needs to be updated and aligned with the Global Requirements
- Investigate how different VIF drivers can be used for different port types on the same hypervisor
- Need to understand VIF plugging and how it affects Gluon
- Generic VIF driver may be okay for most use cases
- Investigate and resolve synchronization issues in the gluon/proton architecture
- Need to re-sync proton with gluon upon restart
- This is partially done
- Synchronization of mysql and etcd databases needs to be investigated
- Are we covered if Proton restarts or etcd is unavailable for a period of time?
- Synchronize bind operation with SDN controller
- There is no feedback if the SDN bind fails
- Need to make sure bind is done before VM is spawned. Synchronize bind with port_update response
- Binding information needs to be pushed back to Proton
- Should Proton just read this from etcd?
- Fix VPNAFConfig in L3VPN Model (only one reference currently)
- The API modeling approach needs to be cleaned up
- Need a baseport that is common to all APIs
- Right now each new API should need to copy/paste baseport object
- Binding information needs be be modeled consistently
- Separate table or part of baseport?
- Or, just resides in etcd?
- IP Addressing information should be modeled with a separate table
- IPAM is broken with current model. It is possible to assign IP address that cannot be supported because of SDN-C/Host mapping
- Proton needs to be reworked to support multiple APIs
- Create a cookiecutter (or script) to create a new API within the Proton source tree
- Sync thread needs to be updated to use log table to support Proton HA
- Modify Proton code to use MySQL (currently only using sqlite)
- The Particle Generator only supports flat APIs at this time. Support for hierarchical APIs was started but not completed.
- We need to add unit, functional, and tempest testing
- Need consistent way of handling empty/unset fields in the API
- Rebuild Gluon to not use particle generator
- Need a strategy to handle database migrations if the API model is changed
- Need to hook in keystone authorization to access API (wide open now)