Google Summer of Code 2015
What is OpenStack
Openstack is an open-source IaaS cloud computing platform. Its mission is to provide a flexible solution for both public and private clouds of any size, and for this matter two basic requirements are considered: clouds must be simple to implement and massively scalable.
To meet these principles OpenStack is divided into different components that work together. It's computing, storage, networking, and all the other bits that help make this project, The Cloud. OpenStack is continuously growing and new and exciting projects are being discussed everyday.
We encourage new contributors to participate and help us make OpenStack the most complete, reliable and flexible open-source cloud service!
- Amit Saha - amsaha - Neutron. Specifically network diagnostics. https://www.openstack.org/vote-vancouver/presentation/don-diagnosing-ovs-in-neutron
- Debo Dutta - dedutta - Nova, Monasca, Ceilometer, Log/Metrics, Operations
- Michael Krotscheck - krotscheck - StoryBoard
- Davanum Srinivas - dims - Nova, Oslo-*
- Samuel de Medeiros Queiroz - samueldmq - keystone
- Boris Pavlovic - boris-42 - Rally
- David Stanek - dstanek - Keystone
- Yathiraj Udupi - yudupi - Nova, Scheduler, Gantt, Congress, policy, Ceilometer, Monasca
- Matthew Treinish - mtreinish -
- Nikhil Manchanda - slicknik - Trove
- Sumit Naiksatam - Policy (Group Based Policy), Networking (Neutron), L4-7 Services (FWaaS, VPNaaS, LBaaS)
- Prabhjyot Singh Sodhi, India, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, irc nick: psd, project: [Rally - Adding Cloud Info]
- Himangi Saraogi, India, email: email@example.com, IRC - himangi [Oslo, Rally]
- Shaifali Agrawal(exploreshaifali), email: firstname.lastname@example.org, India, Project: Rally - Generating Trends from N tasks
- Artem Shepelev, Russia, e-mail: email@example.com, ashepelev at irc.freenode.net, [Nova, Gantt, Neutron, Fuel]
- Telles Nobrega, Brazil, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tellesnobrega at irc.freenode.net, [Sahara]
IRC: please join #openstack-gsoc on freenode
- Diagnostics in Neutron - Look at abstract of talk proposed at OpenStack Vancouver summit (https://www.openstack.org/vote-vancouver/presentation/don-diagnosing-ovs-in-neutron)
- Oslo - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/oslo-specs,n,z) and those that are in progress (https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/oslo-specs/tree/specs/kilo)
- Nova - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova-specs,n,z)
- OPW Ideas page - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OutreachProgramForWomen/Ideas
- Policy enforcement in OpenStack - Nova Scheduling and Policy integration
- Test results dashboard: A infra hosted dashboard view of testing results (both check/gate and periodic)
- Policy-based intent-driven OpenStack Cloud Infrastructure - See an example case study here: Meta-data Driven Cloud - Running OpenStack @ Scale Using a Policy Framework
- Rich Network Services in a Federated OpenStack Public Cloud (L4-7 Services' integration, NFV, service function chaining, OpenDaylight)
- Understand OpenStack Operations via Insights from Logs and Metrics: A Data Science Perspective (need someone with experience/interest in Algorithms)
- Diagnosing Neutron
- Does user configuration match system settings?
- Can we mine logs to see why system is misbehaving?
- Dynamic Policy (proposed by Adam Young)
- Tokenless Operations (proposed by Adam Young)
- Group Based Policy
- Extension of intent-based policy framework to Compute and Storage
- Policy-based service composition integration with OpenDaylight
- Understanding OpenStack Logs
- How do we make sense out of logs?
- How do we set up alarms based on specific events (identify events)
- Anomaly detection from Logs