GSoC 2013 Ideas Page
Here's a listing of the ideas for students to peruse.
When adding an idea to this page, you must include the following detailed information:
- a description of what the particular project does and where its code lives
- a brief explanation of the idea
- the expected results
- pre-requisites for working on the project encapsulated in the idea
- if applicable, links to more information or discussions
- mailing list or IRC channel for your application/library/module
- mentor's name contact info
If you are not currently an OpenStack developer but have an idea for a proposal, get in contact with the relevant developers first.
Describe what the project is about.
Describe both the code results and expected docs to accompany a successful project.
Indicate what applicant needs experience with (technologies, tools) prior to applying.
Name of the mentor.
Service Automation in OpenStack for File Sharing Application
This project aims at creating a complete system with Automation in OpenStack (IaaS), Server Side Programming (PaaS) and Front End (SaaS).
- Simple, but unique file sharing system which runs on OpenStack using GIT and PySendFile.
- This application aims to give a good insight on how to design, architect and deploy OpenStack, automate the same process and create applications for OpenStack.
- The application will be designed using Python, Qt4 and Django web framework.
- Seamless and near real-time file transfer and storage on cloud.
- Automated spawning of servers instances on cloud(IaaS) as per the demand(for load balancing).
- This system should also be easy to modify for adding features, plug-ins or simply for making other applications run on it.
OpenStack, Git, Pyhton, Django Web Framework, Qt4 (If possible)
TBD. Feel free to volunteer