Election Officiating Guidelines
Running an Election
Get Familiar with the Voting Application
Create the Poll
Then set up the poll: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/civs/civs_create.html
- Name of the Poll
- Name of supervisor (election official)
- E-mail address of supervisor (election official)
- Day and time you plan to stop the poll - manual ending
- Description of poll
- Names of Candidates
- Upload file from gerrit of eligible voters (see generate a list of voters below) - 1000 voters maximum.
- Enable detailed ballot reporting - check this box
- Present choices on voting page in exactly the given order - check this box.
Generate a list of voters
run `git log --pretty=%ae --since '1 year ago' | sort -u` - for whatever time frame you need to generate your voters list send the list of voters to the election officator, or confirm with project the list is accurate.
After you create the poll, civs will send an email to the address of the supervisor. The email will contain a link to a webpage which allows the supervisor to conduct the election. There is a button to start the poll, which once started becomes a button to end the poll. All the information contained in the poll is there, except the list of voters, civs doesn't save the list. There is a text box to add email addresses for additional voters. Save the link from the email, civs has no way to get you another one if yours is lost.