About the Ops/Arch Guide specialty team
Specialty team for developing and maintaining the Operations Guide and Architecture Design Guide.
- Shilla Saebi (Shilla.Saebi@gmail.com)
- Alexandra Settle (email@example.com)
- Darren Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Victor Howard (email@example.com)
- Xav Paice (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nate Johnson
- Devon Boatwright
- Robert Starmer (email@example.com)
- Shaun O"Meara (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Global OpenStack Bug Smash Mitaka - 7-9 March 2016
The Arch Guide work items will be converted to Launchpad bugs for the global bug smash. Discussion will take place on IRC in the #arch-guide-swarm channel. Assign yourself a bug that is listed on the work items wiki page, or bugs tagged with *arch-guide* in Launchpad. Please contact Shilla or Darren if you have any questions. Thanks!
We meet biweekly on Thursday at 2130 UTC in #openstack-meeting-3 in IRC. The next meeting will be on Thursday, 21 April 2016.
Agenda for the next meeting
Thursday 6 May 2016
- Patches in review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/304973/ https://review.openstack.org/#/c/293123/ https://review.openstack.org/#/c/303925/
- Specs in review:
- Ops Guide:
- Conversion completed and ops-guide migrated to openstack-manuals
- Establish a list of operator tasks: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-arch-tasks
- Please add suggestions to improve the ops-guide in https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-guide-reorg. There was an ops-guide session at the Liberty Ops Mid-cycle with comments in https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PAO-ops-ops-guide-fixing. Below are some potential outcomes for the ops guide that will be discussed in Austin:
- Identifying improvements and content gaps in the current guide - Establishing whether we need a need new edition or revision of the ops-guide - How we will approach revising or creating a new edition of the ops-guide - Asking who wants to get involved, and if possible delegating work.
- Open reviews
- Kilo Operations mid-cycle meetup
DIscussion about the ops-guide: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PAO-ops-ops-guide-fixing
- Architecture Design Guide
APAC OpenStack contributors gathered for a docs swarm on the 13-14 August in Brisbane, Australia. The focus was copy-editing the Architecture Design Guide, and there were some great discussions on reorganising and updating technical content to better meet the needs of operators and cloud architects. This has lead to specs being drafted for RST conversion and reorganisation during the Mitaka release.
- Operations Guide
Blueprints and specs are currently being drafted for the Mitaka release.