Newton Documentation Testing
This page tracks documentation changes that relate to a particular release.
Use the following draft versions and update the table accordingly. Until distributions release official packages, use the testing etherpad to discuss your testing experience and to suggest patches. After distributions release official packages, use Launchpad to report issues a links to them in the "Issues" section below the table.
Testing these projects:
- Brian Moss <email@example.com>
- Alexandra Settle <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Rodrigo Caballero <email@example.com>
- Chris Smart <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Petr Kovar <email@example.com>
- Nate Archer <Nate.Archer@rackspace.com>
- Joe Robinson <Joseph.Robinson@rackspace.com>
- Darren Chan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Itxaka Serrano <email@example.com>
- Thomas Goirand <firstname.lastname@example.org>
✗ = One or more issues - Please describe below
✚X = Verified with milestone(x) or release candidate(rcX)
✚X = Implemented workaround, verified with milestone(x) or release candidate(rcX)
✔ = Verified with official release
✔ = Implemented workaround, verified with official release
N/A = not available for this distribution
(Ubuntu16.04) Step - Enable the OpenStack repository - running "add-apt-repository cloud-archive:newton-proposed" returns the error "'newton-proposed' not a vaild cloud-archive name".Works fine for me on 16.04 - DC Confirmed, works fine. Make sure you have run apt-get update --TF
(Ubuntu16.04) Identity Service > Install and configure components. Step 3 - running "su -s /bin/sh -c "keystone-manage db_sync" keystone" returns an SQL connection error similar to https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1612409- Confirmed. Looks like mariadb is only listening on 127.0.0.1 - TF. Solved- The directory path for adding MYSQL configuration files for Xenial has changed from Trusty Tahr. http://docs.openstack.org/draft/install-guide-ubuntu/environment-sql-database.html Step 3. Change directory path to /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/99-openstack.cnf. Also delete the identity database and create it again-DC.
- (Ubuntu16.04) Environment -> SQL database says "Choose a suitable password for the database root account." However, in 16.04 the prompt to enter a root password does not appear as it did in 14.04. -- https://review.openstack.org/377270
- (openSUSE Leap 42.1) Section: Block Storage service -> Install and configure controller node. Step: Install and configure components, Issue: Cant install python-cinder due to unmeet dependencies, Bug report: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1000731
- (SLES12) Dashboard: Configuration file provided in the package is wrong: https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/430545
- (SLES12) Block storage: Missing config file for tgt: https://review.openstack.org/377771
- (SLES12) Block storage Launch instance: Missing config file for tgt: https://review.openstack.org/377771
- (SLES12) Launch instance Network option 1: Instances get IP on Neutron, but cant use them. The dhcdiscover inside the VMs does not find anything. Might be local issue.
- (CentOS 7) delorean repo has moved to http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/x86_64/rdo-trunk-master-tested/delorean.repo. Patch submitted: https://review.openstack.org/376219
|firewalls and default ports|
Note any issues here including links to bugs.