Difference between revisions of "Documentation/HA Guide Update"
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
* Review action items from last meeting
* Review action items from last meeting
Revision as of 19:45, 19 March 2015
HA Guide Update
Let's update the OpenStack HA Guide. Based on direction from Anne Gentile, we will follow a similar path as the Security Guide -- subject matter experts working with core docs team members for reviews.
In addition to addressing the bug list (https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=ha-guide), this effort will update all aspects of the guide to be more current and provide richer information and advice about OpenStack HA.
We've created an etherpad to capture ideas and start to form a plan for what is going to be updated, in what way, and who is responsible.
Meetings take place in #openstack-meeting-3. Team members may communicate on relevant topics via the OpenStack Docs mailing list by using "[ha-guide]" at the beginning of the subject line.
Thursday, March 19 at 9:00 pm UTC on #openstack-meeting-3
- Review action items from last meeting
- megm review the Docs team email draft on the pad
- check with sam-i-am and nickchase on starting a "new" doc structure
- mattgriffin & nickchase: enlist people
- Start assigning content & sections
Thursday, March 12 at 9:00 pm UTC on #openstack-meeting-3 (minutes)
- Review HA Guide update for Docs
- Outline/TOC update
- Updates on other contributors from Mirantis, Percona, and other orgs
Thursday, March 5 at 9:00 pm UTC on #openstack-meeting-3 (minutes)
- Review last meeting actions
- Next actions. Content structure?
Thursday, February 26 at 9:00 pm UTC on #openstack-meeting-3
Thursday, February 19 at 9:00 pm UTC on #openstack-meeting-3 (minutes)
- Review and update the Table of Contents
- megm_ will start to add links to the TOC for content to keep/replace and links to the related areas in the Install Guide
- wait on converting until the TOC is done-ish
Thursday, February 5 at 9:00 pm UTC on #openstack-meeting-3
Action items from last meeting:
- DONE Start an discussion about content structure (see Feb 17 Hangout notes link above)
- Add hangout URL to the agenda for next week on the wiki page
- Continue to find and triage content bugs
- Content structure changes
Thursday, January 29 at 9:00 pm UTC on #openstack-meeting-3 (irc log)
- Bug bash results
- Next steps - triage the open bugs and possible assignment of bugs
- Update on getting added to the OpenStack Calendar. Thanks Sriram!
Thursday, January 22 at 9:00 pm UTC on #openstack-meeting-3 (irc log)
- Update on ACTION items from last meeting
- DONE ACTION (All): Update wiki with the project that you are investigating
- IN PROGRESS ACTION (Sriram): Check how we can get this meeting on the OpenStack Calendar
- DONE ACTION (Sriram): Can we move meetings to an official IRC channel
- Bug bash on January 23 focused on existing bugs
Thursday, January 15 on #openstack-haguide (irc log)
- Regular meeting time
- Existing bugs - Plan to resolve
- Need an owner for finding out from PTLs which projects work in a/a or a/p
Wednesday, October 29 on #openstack-haguide (irc log)
Join the group in #openstack-meeting-3 to chat about this effort. Regular meetings are for 30 minutes on each Thursday at 3pm US Central.
Project HA Status Tracker
This section is intended to be used by the HA Guide Update team to track HA considerations for OpenStack integrated projects (created due to a request during the 01/15/15 meeting). This information will be used as we build an updated TOC and also help determine content for each project. Integrated projects information obtained from programs.yaml.
|OpenStack Project||Core Members (Italic = PTL)||API HA Status||Service HA Status||Metadata HA Status||Additional Comments||Section Completed By|
|Sample||John Doe, Jane Doe||Active/Active||Active/Passive||Not Applicable||Leverages HA Proxy for API HA||Shamail T.|
|Nova||Andrew Laski, Christopher Yeoh, Dan Smith, Daniel Berrange, Jay Pipes, Joe Gordon, John Garbutt, Ken'ichi Ohmichi, Kevin L. Mitchell, Matt Dietz, Matt Riedemann, Michael Still, Nikola Dipanov, OpenStack Hudson, Russell Bryant, Sean Dague||TBD||TBD||TBD||--||TBD|
|Swift||Alistair Coles, Chmouel Boudjnah, Christian Schwede, Chuck Thier, Clay Gerrard, Darrell Bishop, David Goetz, Greg Lange, John Dickinson, Michael Barton, OpenStack Hudson, Pete Zaitcev, Peter Portante, Samuel Merritt, gholt, paul luse||TBD||TBD||TBD||--||TBD|
|Glance||Alex Meade, Alexander Tivelkov, Arnaud Legendre, Brian Lamar, Brian Waldon, Dan Prince, Eoghan Glynn, Erno Kuvaja, Fei Long Wang, Flavio Percoco, John Bresnahan, Mark Washenberger, OpenStack Hudson, Stuart McLaren, Zhi Yan Liu, Iccha Sethi, Nikhil Komawar||TBD||TBD||TBD||--||TBD|
|Keystone||Brant Knudson, David Stanek, Dolph Mathews, Jamie Lennox, Lance Bragstad, Morgan Fainberg, OpenStack Hudson, Steve Martinelli, A. Young, Guang Yee, Henry Nash||TBD||TBD||TBD||--||TBD|
|Horizon||Akihiro Motoki, Ana Krivokapic, Cindy Lu, David Lyle, Gabriel Hurley, Julie Pichon, Kieran Spear, Lin Hua Cheng, Matthias Runge, Radomir Dopieralski, Tatiana Ovchinnikova, Thai Tran, Tihomir Trifonov, Zhenguo Niu||TBD||TBD||TBD||--||TBD|
|Neutron||Aaron Rosen, Akihiro Motoki, Armando Migliaccio, Carl Baldwin, Edgar Magana, Henry Gessau, Kevin Benton, Kyle Mestery, Maru Newby, Oleg Bondarev, Salvatore Orlando, Gary Kotton, Mark McClain||TBD||TBD||TBD||--||TBD|
|Cinder||Avishay Traeger, Duncan Thomas, Eric Harney, Huang Zhiteng, Jay Bryant, John Griffith, Mike Perez, Walter A. Boring IV, Xing Yang, Ivan Kolodyazhny||Active/Active||Active/Active (both cinder-volume and cinder-scheduler)||Not Applicable||Leverages HA Proxy for API HA||Michal Dulko|
|Ceilometer||Angus Salkeld, Dina Belova, Doug Hellmann, Eoghan Glynn, Ildiko Vancsa, Julien Danjou, Lianhao Lu, Mehdi Abaakouk, Nadya Privalova, Nejc Saje, Nick Barcet, Gordon Chung||TBD||TBD||TBD||--||TBD|
|Heat||Angus Salkeld, Bartosz Górski, Clint 'SpamapS' Byrum, Jason Dunsmore, Jeff Peeler, Pavlo Shchelokovskyy, Randall Burt, Sergey Kraynev, Steve Baker, Steven Hardy, Thomas Herve, Thomas Spatzier, Zane Bitter||Active/Active||Active/Passive - RH configures it that way||Not Applicable||Leverages HA Proxy for APIs (heat-api, heat-api-cfn), heat-engine has big HA issues - when it dies during request processing (which may take a long time), the stack will be in unrecoverable state||Michal Dulko|
|Trove||Auston McReynolds, Craig Vyvial, Michael Basnight, Nikhil Manchanda, Tim Simpson, Vipul Sabhaya, Amrith (Tesora), Iccha Sethi||TBD||TBD||TBD||--||TBD|
|Ironic||Chris Krelle, David Shrewsbury, Devananda van der Veen, Dmitry Tantsur, Haomeng,Wang, Jim Rollenhagen, Lucas Alvares, Ruby Loo, Yuriy Zveryanskyy, Lifeless||TBD||TBD||TBD||--||TBD|
|Sahara||Alexander Ignatov, Andrew Lazarev, John Speidel, Matthew Farrellee, Michael McCune, Sergey Lukjanov, Sergey Reshetnyak, Trevor McKay||TBD||TBD||TBD||--||TBD|
- Whenː 01/23/2014
- Whereː online
Open Bugsː Link
- Tag to useː ha-guide
- Version of Book to file bugs againstː HTML Version
- Pri0ː Stale/ Incorrect info (for instance wrong config, incorrect settings etc)
- Pri1ː Missing Info (like new chapters to add, topics to cover etc)
- Pri2ː Cosmetic Errors/ Sentence formation etc
Things to Note
- Use the little 'bug' icon to auto-magically create a bug entry with relevant info such as chapter name, page, url. You can add more details like tag, description as required.
- Include as many details as possible, chapter #, location etc in the book.
- Include OpenStack Versions if applicable