|OpenStack Documentation Program|
|Full name||OpenStack Documentation|
|Source code||openstack-manuals; api-site|
|Bug tracker||http://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals and http://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site|
|Developer doc||Documentation HowTo|
|Current PTL||Anne Gentle|
|Meetings||Documentation team meeting|
|IRC channel||#openstack-doc on Freenode ([IRC details)]|
|Mailing list||OpenStack documentation mailing list|
Documentation is community-oriented and available for different audiences on several websites - this wiki is for project or release documentation, the developer documentation for the projects is on docs.openstack.org/developer for example. For official documentation, see docs.openstack.org. To log a bug against the documentation, go to http://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals or http://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site.
There's also an OpenStack documentation mailing list and IRC channel at #openstack-doc.
The Documentation Program Technical Lead (PTL) is Anne Gentle.
Published docs and their location
The public interface to all documentation is the docs.openstack.org web site. It contains continuously updated manuals. If you like to edit one of these, see Documentation source and target locations for a list of documents and their source repositories.
Doc source is on GitHub. Everyone can propose merges to docs, see Documentation/HowTo. Here are the repositories that build to docs.openstack.org.
For a complete listing of which docs are built, including details about source and target locations, see Documentation/Builds.
- http://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals - Installation, administration, configuration, and user guides
- http://github.com/openstack/api-site - API Quick Start and API Reference page
- http://github.com/openstack/compute-api - Compute API v2 and Extensions Reference
- http://github.com/openstack/identity-api - Identity Service API Reference
- http://github.com/openstack/image-api - Image Service API Reference
- http://github.com/openstack/object-api - Object Storage API Reference
- http://github.com/openstack/netconn-api - Networking API Reference
- http://github.com/openstack/volume-api - Block Storage Service API Reference
- https://github.com/openstack/operations-guide - Operations Guide
- https://github.com/openstack/openstack-doc-tools - Documentation Tools
These guides are available and sourced in .rst files in /doc/source/ if you want to work on them:
- OpenStack Object Storage (Swift) Development Guidelines
- OpenStack Compute (Nova) Developer Guide
- OpenStack Image Service (Glance) Developer Docs
- OpenStack Identity Service (Keystone) Developer Docs
- OpenStack Networking (Neutron) Developer Docs
- OpenStack Block Storage (Cinder) Developer Docs
Ideally the above content is geared towards developers.
The content at docs.openstack.org is for OpenStack administrators and application developers.
Lists current development release and past releases, with links to downloads and release notes (what's new and what's changed in each release as well as known issues and potential workarounds)
How to find or ask for support.
- Glossary - Contains terms that are our definitions for OpenStack, cloud computing, and open source.
How to contribute code to OpenStack or develop using the OpenStack projects.
- How to Contribute
- Sign the Contributor agreement
- Design Tenets
- Explanation of the Release cycle
- Coding Standards
- Getting the Code
How we use Launchpad to track features, bugs and releases.
- How to contribute to the documentation
- Conventions to follow when writing documentation
- Documentation checklist
- Documentation build information
- Troubleshooting doc builds
- Comments on Documentation