OpenStack software documentation
Documentation is community-oriented and available for different audiences on several websites - this wiki is for project or release documentation, the developer documentation for the projects is on docs.openstack.org/developer for example. For official documentation, see docs.openstack.org. To log a bug against the documentation, go to http://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals or http://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site.
There's also an OpenStack documentation mailing list.
- OpenStack API Quick Start
- Programming OpenStack Compute API with Shell and Python
- OpenStack Compute Developer Guide API 2
- OpenStack Image Service Developer Guide API 1.0
- OpenStack Object Storage Developer Guide API 1.0
- OpenStack Identity Service Developer Guide API 2.0
- Openstack Network Service Developer Guide API 2.0
- OpenStack Compute Administration Manual html pdf
- OpenStack Object Storage Administration Manual html pdf
- OpenStack Network Administration Manual (Quantum) html pdf
Doc source is on GitHub. Everyone can propose merge to docs. Here are the repositories that build to docs.openstack.org.
These guides are available and sourced in .rst files in /doc/source/ if you want to work on them:
- OpenStack Object Storage (Swift) Development Guidelines
- OpenStack Compute (Nova) Developer Guide
- OpenStack Image Service (Glance) Developer Docs
- OpenStack Identity Service (Keystone) Developer Docs
- OpenStack Networking (Quantum) Developer Docs
Ideally the content on the above sites is geared towards developers, and docs.openstack.org is for developer consumers of the ReST API and OpenStack administrators.
Lists current development release and past releases, with links to downloads and release notes (what's new and what's changed in each release as well as known issues and potential workarounds)
How to find or ask for support.
- Glossary - Contains terms that are our definitions for OpenStack, cloud computing, and open source.
How to contribute code to OpenStack or develop using the OpenStack projects.
- How to Contribute
- Sign the Contributor agreement
- Design Tenets
- Explanation of the Release cycle
- Coding Standards
- Learning bzr and Launchpad
- Getting the Code (using Launchpad and bzr)
How we use Launchpad to track features, bugs and releases.