Jump to: navigation, search


Revision as of 23:52, 27 February 2017 by Jay Bryant (talk | contribs)


This page contains a summary of the subjects covered during the Pike PTG in Atlanta Georgia, February 22nd, through February 24th, 2017.

The full etherpad and all associated notes may be found here. The etherpad also includes links to YouTube recordings of our sessions.

How to Capture Decisions and Find Them Later

  • Decision: Jay will do post processing of the etherpad notes taken and summarize the the decisions on the Wiki page [1] Sean will also review.
  • Action: Jay to create this page and add links to the Cinder Wiki page accordingly.

Testing Priority for Pike

  • Decision: Focus on getting tempest Cinder API V1 testing removed.
  • Action: (jgriffith) will look at what needs to change with the tempest tests to get away from v1.
  • Action: (jgriffith) will also add a README in the testing directory that will be a symbolic link to the devref that has more details about our testing infrastructure.

One More Discussion about Functional Tests

  • Decision: We will get some functional tests in place that are more than just extended unit tests. We will move to actually using devstack and see how things go from there. Moving to using our own cinder-tempest rep will hopefully be faster. In the past getting tempest patches in took a very long time.
  • Action: (e0ne) Have a devstack plugin for fake drivers. A new repo will be needed for this. eharney has experience with this and will help out e0ne.

Testing Drivers for Active/Active High Availability

  • Decision: At this point, when someone submits a patch for A/A support we will refer the developer to the devref noted above and ask if they have read it, executed the recommended testing and feel comfortable that their driver meets the needs. At this point, the A/A HA support is still a bit of a tech preview so it is up to the driver maintainers to help do the right thing for this support.
  • Action: (gorka) is going to continue to work on getting automated tests configured but it is going to take time.
  • Action: (gorka) document the tests that we feel driver maintainers should be doing to certify their driver. The documentation will start in the etherpad linked above and then, once we have some confidence, we will move the documentation into the devref.

API Philosophy and Reality

  • Decision: We need to stick with the program that everyone else is following. We don't want diverge from what everyone else is doing with microversions. If we try to bump on release boundaries we are going to break the model.
  • Action: (jungleboyj) We need somone to backfill Scott and Walt on the API Working group meeting. Meeting is at 10 am Central time on Thursdays.
  • Action: (jungleboyj) Work on fixing up the docstrings so that we include the API version in the documentation.

Having Each API Have its Own Policy Action

  • Action: (rb560u) File a bug for the policies that are not granular enough and then submit patches to resolve the issue.

Status of Migration CGs to Generic Volume Groups

  • Decision: We are going to make it so you cannot modify volume types with existing volumes. Same as group types.
  • Decision: We should file bugs against the current drivers that have CG implemented but don't move to generic groups.
  • Decision: Mark the CG API as deprecated in Queens. Remove it and clean it up at some point in the future, perhaps.
  • Decision: We need quotas for groups.
  • Action: (jgriffith) will fix volume_types so they can't be deleted when volumes are associated - [2]
  • Action: Follow up with driver teams that have not moved to generic groups.
  • Action: (xyang) to update CG API state in Queens.