Weekly Cinder team meeting
NOTE MEETING TIME: Wed's at 16:00 UTC
If you're interested in Cinder or Block Storage in general for OpenStack, we have a weekly meetings in
#openstack-meeting, on Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC. Please feel free to add items to the agenda below. NOTE: When adding topics please include your IRC name so we know who's topic it is and how to get more info.
Previous meeting logs can be found here: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
dulek duncant eharney geguileo winston-d e0ne jungleboyj jgriffith thingee smcginnis hemna xyang1 tbarron scottda erlon rhedlind jbernard _alastor_ bluex
patrickeast dongwenjuan JaniceLee cFouts Thelo vivekd adrianofr mtanino yuriy_n17 karlamrhein diablo_rojo jay.xu jgregor
baumann rajinir wilson-l reduxio wanghao thrawn01 chris_morrell stevemar watanabe.isao,tommylikehu mdovgal ildikov wxy viks ketonne
Next Cinder Team meeting
NOTE: Include your IRC nickname with your agenda items so that you can be called upon in the meeting and arrive at the meeting promptly if placing items in agenda. Please have any supporting links ready. You might want to put this on your calendar if you are adding items.
January 25, 2017 16:00 UTC
Please add your IRC nic next to the topic so we know who to ping to discuss it!
- #link https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cinder-spec-review-tracking Review focus
- #info Need to register for the PTG if you have not already done so.
- #link http://www.openstack.org/ptg PTG info and registration
- #info Summit call for presentations is open.
- #info Need to start planning for the PTG
- #link https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ATL-cinder-ptg-planning PTG topic planning
- #link https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/call-for-presentations/ Summit CFP
- Cinder in-tree tests running on tempest (erlon)
- Some jobs in infra are shared among other projects. Do we want these jobs also run the in-tree tests and give our tests the same weight the ones in openstack/tempest have?
- #link https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:run-intree-tests Patches related
- #link https://review.openstack.org/#/c/410248/ Run Cinder in-tree tests: neutron-full
- Generating support matrix/report (smcginnis)
- A couple approaches proposed
- Generate an actual table similar to our existing wiki feature matrix:
- #link https://review.openstack.org/#/c/371169/ Feature matrix proposal
- Or expand our driver list to include features:
- #link https://review.openstack.org/403854 Replication patch
- #link https://review.openstack.org/404180 A/A support
- Different approaches for cinderclient extensions (e0ne)
- Current approaches:
- discoverable via name (ends with 'cinderclient_ext'). e.g.: python-brick-cinderclient-ex
- discoverable in 'contrib' directory
- entry points for auth plugins (broken now)
- Do we really want different plugin solutions for client?
- Do we want to use stevedore for extensions?
- Depended bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-cinderclient/+bug/1657156
- 'cinder list-extensions' is confusing because it lists server-side API contrib extensions
- Current approaches:
- "Snapshot-manage imports snapshots with wrong size" (mdovgal)
Weekly Cinder Test meeting
NEW MEETING TIME: Tuesday at 1600 UTC in #openstack-cinder
Meet to discuss Test development, issues, and patches for review
- Previous meeting logs: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder_testing/
- Oops..other previous logs: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cindertestwg/