Weekly Cinder team meeting
NOTE MEETING TIME: Wed's at 16:00 UTC
If you're interested in Cinder or Block Storage in general for OpenStack, we have a weekly meetings in
#openstack-meeting, on Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC. Please feel free to add items to the agenda below. NOTE: When adding topics please include your IRC name so we know who's topic it is and how to get more info.
Previous meeting logs can be found here: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
dulek duncant eharney geguileo winston-d e0ne jungleboyj jgriffith thingee smcginnis hemna xyang1 tbarron scottda erlon rhedlind jbernard _alastor_ bluex
patrickeast dongwenjuan JaniceLee cFouts Thelo vivekd adrianofr mtanino yuriy_n17 karlamrhein diablo_rojo jay.xu jgregor
baumann rajinir wilson-l reduxio wanghao thrawn01 chris_morrell stevemar watanabe.isao,tommylike.hu
Next Cinder Team meeting
NOTE: Include your IRC nickname with your agenda items so that you can be called upon in the meeting and arrive at the meeting promptly if placing items in agenda. Please have any supporting links ready. You might want to put this on your calendar if you are adding items.
September 7, 2016 16:00 UTC
Please add your IRC nic next to the topic so we know who to ping to discuss it!
- What do (and don't) we want release notes for [DuncanT]
- Simple bugs like https://review.openstack.org/#/c/347274 don't seem notable to me
- The definition we have: https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/f01ae0608400729b26ab8fdd074f46555cfae282/releasenotes/README.rst#L9-L11
- py35 cinder job [dulek (I may not make it, but I think the topic is pretty obvious)]
- It seems pretty stable, should we make it voting?
- It's voting in Neutron, Heat, Ironic, Keystone
- It's non-voting in Glance, Nova, Manila
- Also: https://review.openstack.org/366739
- Proprietary libs for drivers (smcginnis)
- We have drivers that use proprietary libraries for part of their functionality
- Should we allow this?
- If not, what do we do with existing drivers? Removal? Deprecation? Naughty list?
Weekly Cinder Test meeting
MEETING TIME: Wed at 1500 UTC in #openstack-cinder
Meet to discuss Test development, issues, and patches for review
- Previous meeting logs: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder_testing/
- Oops..other previous logs: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cindertestwg/
Weekly Cinder Active-Active HA meeting
MEETING TIME: Tuesdays at 1600 UTC in #openstack-cinder
Meet to discuss status of patches, tests, and reviews for Active-Active High Availability