Weekly Cinder team meeting
NOTE MEETING TIME: Wed's at 16:00 UTC
If you're interested in Cinder or Block Storage in general for OpenStack, we have a weekly meetings in
#openstack-meeting, on Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC. Please feel free to add items to the agenda below. NOTE: When adding topics please include your IRC name so we know who's topic it is and how to get more info.
Previous meeting logs can be found here: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
dulek duncant eharney geguileo winston-d e0ne jungleboyj jgriffith thingee smcginnis hemna xyang tbarron scottda erlon rhedlind jbernard _alastor_ bluex
vincent_hou kmartin patrickeast sheel dongwenjuan JaniceLee cFouts Thelo vivekd adrianofr mtanino yuriy_n17 karlamrhein diablo_rojo jay.xu jgregor
baumann rajinir wilson-l reduxio wanghao thrawn01 chris_morrell watanabe.isao
Weekly Cinder Test meeting
MEETING TIME: Wed at 1500 UTC in #openstack-cinder
Meet to discuss Test development, issues, and patches for review
Previous meeting logs: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder_testing/
Weekly Cinder Active-Active HA meeting
MEETING TIME: Tuesdays at 1600 UTC in #openstack-cinder
Meet to discuss status of patches, tests, and reviews for Active-Active High Availability
Next Cinder Team meeting
NOTE: Include your IRC nickname with your agenda items so that you can be called upon in the meeting and arrive at the meeting promptly if placing items in agenda. Please have any supporting links ready. You might want to put this on your calendar if you are adding items.
July 27, 2016 16:00 UTC
- New Logo initiative
- The foundation recognizes Cinder has a good and strong logo already
- There is an overall effort going on to make all OpenStack logos visually consistent
- They would like to work with Cinder to either update the existing logo to look like the new style or come up with a new one to be consistent with the other projects
- Volume Group Hiding\Protecting
- There is a need from Smaug to (and maybe other services) to take ownership of replication groups.
- This will require some way of having groups marked so they can be owned by a service and hidden from the user.
- (more information will be added before the meeting)
- Tooz locks for volume drivers
- Some drivers should change decorators used for locking and/or switch to class using DLM in case of drivers inheriting from RemoteFSSnapDriver