Weekly Cinder team meeting
NOTE MEETING TIME: Wed's at 16:00 UTC
If you're interested in Cinder or Block Storage in general for OpenStack, we have a weekly meetings in
#openstack-meeting, on Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC. Please feel free to add items to the agenda below. NOTE: When adding topics please include your IRC name so we know who's topic it is and how to get more info.
NOTE: Include your IRC nickname next to agenda items so that you can be called upon in the meeting and arrive at the meeting promptly if placing items in agenda. You might want to put this on your calendar if you are adding items.
June 4th, 2014 16:00 UTC
- Volume backup modification (navneet)
- Blueprint and spec review/comments? https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/vol-backup-service-per-backend
- Dynamic multi pool (navneet)
- Review comments? https://review.openstack.org/#/c/85760/
- Implementation approach comparison.
- 3rd party ci (asselin)
- I have a conflict with another meeting, but my WIP to add nodepool into jaypipe's 3rd party ci solution is available here: https://github.com/rasselin/os-ext-testing/tree/nodepool
- oslo.db (jungleboyj)
- Want to quickly discuss the review out there for this: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77125/
- Move to current oslo.db? Wait for library work?
- Need to drop off the meeting about 40 minutes in so if we can cover before then it would be appreciated. :-)
May 28th, 2014 16:00 UTC
- 3rd Party CI (jungleboyj)
- What tempest test cases to run?
- iSCSI only? What about for FC only drivers then?
- Progress on where to record results?
- SSH host keys (jungleboyj)
- Dynamic multi-pools (navneet)
- Status and WIP review (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/85760/)
- Back manager design improvement/rewriting for better rpc message handling.
- Back up service for multi pools.
- cinder-specs (jgriffith)
- Specs repo is live
May 21st, 2014 16:00 UTC
- Consistency Groups (xyang)
- A few people have concerns on the restriction of one volume type per CG. Should we allow one CG to have multiple volume types on the same backend? Let's discuss about it.
- Third-Party CI (jgriffith)
- Who's started, who's planning to and how can we help support each other to get this going smoothly
- Moving GlusterFS snapshot code into the NFS RemoteFs driver (mberlin)
- The GlusterFS snapshot code using qcow2 snapshots is useful for all file based storage systems. I would volunteer to move the GlusterFS snapshot code into the general RemoteFs driver - making it easier to get our driver accepted ;-)
- Eric Harney is fine with this and planned to do this for Juno anyway (see his blueprint). I've put it on the agenda to make sure others also agree with this approach.
May 7th, 2014 16:00 UTC
- Limit == 0 in API patch review - thingee
April 16th, 2014 16:00 UTC
- Release Status
- Summit Session Updates
- Next Stop ATL!!!
- Cinder resource status - thingee
April 9th, 2014 16:00 UTC (Agenda entered retrospectively)
- Cinder Spec (jgriffith)
- Just a heads up that cinder blueprints will move to a gerrit based process shortly, a la nova. Details and wiki entry to follow.
- RC2 status (jgriffith)
- Just after cutting RC2, a bunch of bugs
- Testing RC code (jgriffith)
- Get on it, folks!
- Looks like theres some serious, intermittent performance issues in the API somewhere...
April 2, 2014 16:00 UTC _Meeting cancelled and summary discussion held on #openstack-cinder_
- Release status and bugs
- -2s left on reviews from before Junos opened - please check if they are still valid
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/73446/ (JGriffith) - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/80550/ (JBryant) - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/82100/ (Avishay) - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/74158/ (Avishay) - + a whole bunch of stable branch stuff
Mar 26, 2014 16:00 UTC
- RC1 updates (jgriffith)
- Design Summit Sessions (jgriffith)
Mar 19, 2014 16:00 UTC
- ProphetStor Driver Exception request for Icehouse (jgriffith)
- Bug status/updates (jgriffith)
- What we should be punting to Juno (aka immediate -2 in Gerrit) (jgriffith)
- Continuous Integration for Cinder Certification (jungleboyj)
Mar 12, 2014 16:00 UTC
- Cancelled due to nothing on the agenda. Ad-hoc discussion on #openstack-cinder instead
Mar 5, 2014 16:00 UTC
- Volume replication - avishay
- New LVM-based driver for shared storage - mtanino
- DRBD/drbdmanage driver for cinder - philr
Feb 19, 2014 16:00 UTC
- I3 Status check/updates
- Cert test
- Milestone Consideration for Drivers -thingee
- Hack-a-thon details -thingee
- scheduling for local storage -DuncanT
Feb 5, 2014 16:00 UTC
- I3 Status check/updates
- Cert test
- Multiple pools per backend (bswartz)
Jan 8, 2014 16:00 UTC
- I2 is just around the corner, blueprint updates
- Alternating meeting time proposal, results on feedback
- Driver cert test, it's there... use it
- Prioritizing patches and reviews
December 18, 2013 16:00 UTC
- Blueprint discussion cinder backup recovery api - import/export backups - avishay
- Blueprint discussion  - Griffith
- Admin-defined capabilities - Ollie
- Why is type manage an extension? -Thingee
December 11, 2013 16:00 UTC
- Proposal of extension packages -Thingee
December 4, 2013 16:00 UTC
- Progressing with multi-attach / shared-volume - sgordon
- Access Control List design discussion - alatynskaya
November 27, 2013 16:00 UTC
- Updated volume mirroring design - avishay
- Start using only Mock for new tests... Related Nova Discussion - Thingee
- Rate limiting came up in the summit, and on openstack-dev - avishay
- Metadata backup (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51900/) progress RFC - dosaboy
November 20, 2013 16:00 UTC
- I-1 scheduling - JGriffith
November 13, 2013 16:00 UTC
- patches should update doc files where necessary to ease writing of release notes (Avishay?)
- fencing host from storage (Ehud Trainin)
- Summarize priority of tasks from summit discussions (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Summit/Icehouse/Etherpads#Cinder and https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cinder-icehouse-summary) Griff
October 30, 2013 16:00 UTC
- cinder backup metadata support - http://goo.gl/Jkg2FV (dosaboy)
- fencing and unfencing host from storage - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/fencing-and-unfencing (Ehud Trainin)
October 23, 2013 16:00 UTC
- Nexenta backup driver https://review.openstack.org/#/c/47005/ - DuncanT
October 2, 2013 16:00 UTC
- What's still broken in Havana
- Backups and multibackend (https://code.launchpad.net/bugs/1228223): Fix committed
- Configuration - Global CONF settings in brick don't belong, and a number of them break multi-backend (Bug #1230066): Fix committed
- TaskFlow retry mechanism - The majority felt this should be left as a white list, but no work has been done to fix it so we still have ugly failures/roll-backs (3 bugs logged here): ???
- Quotas - Don't know that anybody has gotten to the bottom of the quota syncing issue (Bug #1202896): Still open
- iSCSI Target creation failures - This was thought to have been fixed but showed up last night (Bug #1223469): Probable fix committed
- Summary of gate issue pertaining to Cinder can be viewed here: http://paste.openstack.org/show/47798/
- Moving to taskflow - avishay
Sept 25, 2013, 16:00 UTC
- PTL nomination process is open until the 26'th, if you want to run send your nomination proposal out to the dev ML
- What's broken in Havana
- Backups (specifically when configured with multi-backend volumes)
- Configuration - Global CONF settings in brick don't belong, and a number of them break multi-backend (Bug #1230066)
- TaskFlow retry mechanism - The majority felt this should be left as a white list, but no work has been done to fix it so we still have ugly failures/roll-backs (3 bugs logged here)
- Quotas - Don't know that anybody has gotten to the bottom of the quota syncing issue (Bug #1202896)
- iSCSI Target creation failures - This was thought to have been fixed but showed up last night (Bug #1223469)
- Cinderclient release plans/status? (Eharney)
- OSLO imports (DuncanT)
- bp/cinder-backup-improvements (dosaboy)
- bp/multi-attach (zhiyan)
Aug 21, 2013, 16:00 UTC
- No agenda, no meeting.
Aug 14, 2013, 16:00 UTC
- Volume migration status - avishay
- API extensions using metadata. This comes from the readonly volume attach support. - thingee
Aug 7, 2013, 16:00 UTC
- RFC - make all rbd clones copy-on-write -- Dosaboy
- V1 API removal issues, plans and timescales - DuncanT