Weekly Cinder team meeting
NOTE MEETING TIME: Wed's at 16:00 UTC
If you're interested in Cinder or Block Storage in general for OpenStack, we have a weekly meetings in
#openstack-meeting, on Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC. Please feel free to add items to the agenda below. NOTE: When adding topics please include your IRC name so we know who's topic it is and how to get more info.
Previous meeting logs can be found here: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
dulek duncant eharney geguileo winston-d e0ne jungleboyj jgriffith thingee smcginnis hemna xyang1 tbarron scottda erlon rhedlind jbernard _alastor_ bluex
patrickeast dongwenjuan JaniceLee cFouts Thelo vivekd adrianofr mtanino yuriy_n17 karlamrhein diablo_rojo jay.xu jgregor
baumann rajinir wilson-l reduxio wanghao thrawn01 chris_morrell stevemar watanabe.isao,tommylike.hu mdovgal
Next Cinder Team meeting
NOTE: Include your IRC nickname with your agenda items so that you can be called upon in the meeting and arrive at the meeting promptly if placing items in agenda. Please have any supporting links ready. You might want to put this on your calendar if you are adding items.
November 9, 2016 16:00 UTC
Please add your IRC nic next to the topic so we know who to ping to discuss it!
- Removal of nova-network for CI's
- #link https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cinder-spec-review-tracking Review focus
- Cinder HA A/A (geguileo)
- Prevent Active-Active configurations from running on all drivers by default
- Self certification process: Vendors check that their driver works on A/A: They may need modifications
- Once driver supports A/A: Submit a patch with a release note and changing an attribute in the driver so starts is not prevented
- PoC: https://review.openstack.org/393460
- NVMe-over-Fabrics (NVMe-oF) target driver support for Cinder (dulek, tsg, e0ne)
- Here's PoC demo by Mirantis/Intel folks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTPe0sOHU0w
- In-tree Cinder tests (erlon)
- We need to find an alternative to have fast ways to get our tests merged
- How to deal with cinderclient help with microversions (scottda)
- Merged: https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/python-cinderclient/commit/?id=b76f5944130e29ee1bf3095c966a393c489c05e6
- Help for new feature/parameters only shows up when that microversion is requested
- Should help instead show what microversion that feature/parameter was added, so user can know?
Weekly Cinder Test meeting
MEETING TIME: Wed at 1500 UTC in #openstack-cinder
Meet to discuss Test development, issues, and patches for review
- Previous meeting logs: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder_testing/
- Oops..other previous logs: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cindertestwg/