The Cinder community (and other OpenStack projects) have agreed that if a vendor wishes to submit a driver for their particular storage device that said vendor should also be required to set up a third party CI system in their lab which runs Tempest volume tests against their storage device for every Cinder commit, and provides feedback in to Gerrit.
- Drivers merged before Kilo need to have a CI by the end of K-2 (5th of Feb 2015). Failure will result in driver removal in the Kilo release. - Discussion regarding this here
- Drivers merged in Kilo need to have a CI by the end of K-3 (19th of March 2015). Failure will result in driver removal in the L release.
Third Party CI Requirements
- See the official Third Party Testing wiki.
Existing CI Solutions
- Puppet modules for deploying OpenStack CI
- Git repo
- Sample Jenkins Job Builder Job Template for Cinder drivers
- Fork of Jay Pipe's external test repo and more up-to-date. Uses nodepool.
- Simple OpenStack Continuous Integration (sos-ci)
- Git repo
- Builds Devstack virtual machines with Ansible.
- Jay Pipe's external testing series
- Join Third Party Meeting
- Reach out to IRC nicks DuncanT or asselin on Freenode #openstack-cinder.
What tests do I use?
How do I configure DevStack so my Driver Passes Tempest?
[[local|localrc]] ADMIN_PASSWORD=password MYSQL_PASSWORD=password RABBIT_PASSWORD=password SERVICE_PASSWORD=password SERVICE_TOKEN=password # These options define expected driver capabilities TEMPEST_VOLUME_DRIVER=foo TEMPEST_VOLUME_VENDOR="Foo Inc" TEMPEST_STORAGE_PROTOCOL=iSCSI # These options allow you to specify a branch other than "master" be used CINDER_REPO=https://review.openstack.org/openstack/cinder CINDER_BRANCH=refs/changes/83/72183/4 # Disable security groups entirely Q_USE_SECGROUP=False LIBVIRT_FIREWALL_DRIVER=nova.virt.firewall.NoopFirewallDriver CINDER_SECURE_DELETE=False [[post-config|$CINDER_CONF]] volume_driver=cinder.volume.drivers.foo.FooDriver
When thirdparty CI voting will be required?
Once third party CI's become more common and stable, we'll revisit the subject. For now you can review the discussion on the decision.