This is the main wiki page for the Openstack-Chef project. This is the community collaboration wiki page(s) and have been agreed upon. Please don't hesitate to look around!
The canonical upstream Chef cookbooks and example repository are located in the OpenStack Github organization. There is a single Chef cookbook for each integrated OpenStack project:
- OpenStack Block Storage (Cinder) cookbook
- OpenStack Compute (Nova) cookbook
- OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon) cookbook
- OpenStack DNSaaS (Designate) cookbook
- OpenStack Identity (Keystone) cookbook
- OpenStack Image (Glance) cookbook
- OpenStack Network (Neutron) cookbook
- OpenStack Orchestration (Heat) cookbook
- OpenStack Telemetry (Ceilometer/Gnocchi) cookbook
In addition to the project cookbooks, there are five support cookbooks:
- Client resource cookbook
- Common library cookbook
- Example database configuration cookbook
- Example message queue configuration cookbook
- OpenStack Integration Test Suite (Tempest) cookbook
As well as an example Chef Repository that sets up an OpenStack environment:
The following table shows the supported OpenStack releases and platforms. Note that some of the cookbooks do not support all the platforms, see the READMEs and metadata files for more information. SUSE support for Juno and later is "as-is", but patches are always welcome.
|stable/havana||frozen||Ubuntu 12.04, RedHat 6.5, Suse 11.03|
|stable/icehouse||frozen||Ubuntu 12.04, RedHat 6.5, Suse 11.03|
|stable/juno||frozen||Ubuntu 14.04, RedHat 7|
|stable/kilo||frozen||Ubuntu 14.04, RedHat 7.1||0.4.0|
|stable/liberty||frozen||Ubuntu 14.04, RedHat 7.1||0.9.0|
|stable/mitaka||frozen||Ubuntu 14.04, RedHat 7.2||0.9.0|
|stable/newton||fixes||Ubuntu 16.04, RedHat 7.2||1.0.3|
|master||Ocata development||Ubuntu 16.04, RedHat 7.3||1.0.3|
Release branching work items page
We have a maintainers list located there. Please don't hesitate to reach out.
For more information about the project please click this start page.