Blazar/How to contribute
- Create Github account if you don't have one
- Make sure you have git options user.name and user.email set in git by typing git config --list. If not, configure them.
- Create Launchpad account if you don't have one
- Create OpenStack profile
- Login to OpenStack Gerrit using your Launchpad ID
- Sign up your OpenStack Individual Contributor License Agreement
- Check that your email is listed in Gerrit identities
- Subscribe to Blazar-related projects on OpenStack Gerrit. Go to your settings and in the watched projects add stackforge/blazar, stackforge/blazar-nova and stackforge/python-blazarclient
As all bugs/blueprints are listed in Blazar Launchpad, you may keep track on them and choose some to work on.
How to keep in touch with community
- If you're not subscribed to OpenStack general mailing list or to OpenStack development mailing list, do that. Blazar-related emails must be send with [blazar] in its subject.
- All questions may be asked on our IRC channel #openstack-blazar on freenode
- We also have weekly meetings on #openstack-meeting freenode IRC channel at 15:00 UTC
Your first commit to Blazar
- Checkout corresponding Blazar repository from Github
- Take a look on how Gerrit review process goes on in OpenStack (read carefully committing changes part)
- Apply and commit your changes
- Make sure all code checkings and tests have passed. See development guidelines to learn more
- Send your patch to the review (you may use git-review utility for that)
- Monitor status of your change on https://review.openstack.org/#/