What is Bareon?
Bareon provides flexible and data driven interface to perform actions which are related to operating system installation. In contrary to standard kickstart and preseed ways of installation, Bareon provides a uniform interface for system configuration. Higher level of flexibility is open via this interface for other tools and products, such as Ironic  or Fuel. It is to be a tool similar to old plain OS installation tools like anaconda or debian-installer but drastically more convenient.
To summarise what Bareon is:
- flexible partitioning system
- image building functionality, mostly non-cloud use-cases that assume advanced partitioning, OS upgrading, in-place image building
- image/repo based provisioning
We will try our best to have small and stable releases every 1-2 months.
Specific date and the channel will be identified later, until then use #openstack-bareon channel.
Detailed Roadmap can be found here.
- Bareon repository
- Bareon specifications
- Bareon specifications repository
- Project space
- Patches on review
- IRC server: irc.freenode.net channel: #openstack-bareon
- IRC logs.