OpenStack Academic Initiative
- provide a place for all research academics efforts can be advertised and found, about and around OpenStack (not generic about IaaS or PaaS)
- a list of papers published and ongoing research
- a list of conferences about cloud computing
- maintain a list of ideas for the companies to sponsor research,like a "market"
- a place for the companies to say what they need and research can execute
- undergrad level, gsoc-style, time starved but there are many of them. it's important to be easy for them to contribute
- masters level, more in depth work, empirical studies like performance evaluation
- phd level, exploratory type of research
- handle the funding, hr tasks, mentoring: who's going to manage this?
- mentoring is intense and time consuming, but crucial for the success of research
- provide resources, like hardware for tests, for researchers
- advertise this initiative among researchers
- Example: setup OpenStack tracks at a couple of relevant conferences
Identify the group responsible for this initiative and define action items, deadlines and deliverables.